A Prescott native, Gene graduated from the University of Arizona College of Law in 1968. He then returned to Prescott as a deputy attorney in the Yavapai County Attorney’s Office and was appointed as the Yavapai County Attorney in 1973.
From 1975 to 1993, Gene was a Deputy County Attorney with the Maricopa County Attorney’s Office and was the Chief Civil Deputy from 1983 to 1989. From 1993 to 1999, Gene was General Counsel for two school districts in Phoenix. From 1999 to 2009, Gene was in semi-retirement as an Assistant City Attorney in scenic Sedona. Gene has been a Senior Associate with the firm since 2008.
Gene enjoys hiking, camping, and traveling.
Estate Planning: Trusts, Wills, and Powers of Attorney.
Real Estate Law: Construction Law, Commercial Real Estate, Residential Real Estate, Real Estate Contracts, Zoning Law, and Land Use Law.
Special District Law: Public Contracts, Fire District Law, Water District Law, and Sanitary District Law.
Admitted to Practice
Admitted to Practice: State Bar of Arizona (1968); United States District Court of Arizona (1969); United States Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit (1978); United States Supreme Court (1980); State Bar of Missouri (1996).
Arizona State University, Bachelor of Science, Finance (1963).
University of Arizona College of Law, Juris Doctor (1968).
Professional and Community
- Assistant City Attorney, City of Sedona (1999 to 2009).
- Deputy Attorney, Chief Civil Deputy (1983 to 1989)
- Maricopa County Attorney’s Office (1975 to 1993).
- Yavapai County Attorney (1973 to 1975).
- Deputy Attorney, Yavapai County Attorney’s Office (1969 to 1972).
- Member, Yavapai County Bar Association.
- Board Member, Prescott Area Habitat for Humanity.